Monday, March 12, 2012

Pumpkin Donut Muffins

One of the ladies that works for us has been very good recently with watching her sugar intake and making sure to not partake in many of the goodies I've brought in recently. So after she asked what I would be baking and bringing in the next morning one day I decided it was time to make something special for her.

Yes, I know you're thinking seriously you spoil your employees. Yes...I do. I like the ladies who work for me and I like that they will eat most anything I bring in. Actually, they've eaten everything I've brought in and asked for recipes.

I went for something that I thought wouldn't be too sweet or unhealthy so that she wouldn't feel completely guilty by partaking in the yumminess.

I dropped on by A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll and dug around for a recipe I felt I could achieve fairly quickly and easily.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
By Crunchy/Rock (I'm sorry I'm abbreviating the name)

Let's start with what you'll need, Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
         
For playing dunk the doughnut/muffin (you should have plenty of extra):
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons cinnamon

I'm trying this whole process of trying to snap pictures of each step through the recipes process here, but let's be honest, I am struggling.



1.   Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan (you can use any size depending on how large or small you want your muffins).

2.  In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
mixing together the dry ingredients
3.  In a small bowl, mix together the milk and pumpkin. Set aside.
Seriously, this is such a gorgeous color!
4.  In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and ½ cup of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue mixing.
5.  Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the pumpkin mixture.
It kind of loses the gorgeous color


6.  Fill the prepared muffin cups to about ¾ full and bake for about 20 minutes.
7.  Cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. When cool enough to handle, roll in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.




cooling...




cooling....


cooling...


cooling...


the messy part is just beginning
 So don't let anyone tell you dunking your muffin doughnuts about in butter is a clean job. I had to wash my hands a lot. I'm kind of finicky about things like that I guess. Anyway, dunk those puppies in butter then toss them in a bowl...if you like to shimmy and shake things about when in the kitchen this is your time to get funky with the cinnamon sugar coating. I had a blast tossing them in the cinnamon sugar mixture...walking around the house.
Interesting side note, I tossed the first few in a bowl and walked from the kitchen to the living room where my parents were face-timing with my brother and his wife. They were having issues seeing what I was doing and why on earth I'd do it.


Truth be told I didn't have any of these...I kind of let everyone else enjoy them. Happy eatings everyone and I hope you enjoy these as much as my employees and family did.


~Nikki

No comments: